Xerox Research Centre India (XRCI) is calling all Data Science enthusiasts to participate in the Research Innovation Challenge and Winter School on Machine Learning. The Challenge is an unprecedented competitive forum to design innovative models and algorithms for real life analytics problems, have fun and win exciting prizes. Selected participants will also have the opportunity to learn about the latest tools and techniques for Big Data Analytics and research advancements in Machine Learning through the Winter School.
Intended Participants: PhD, masters and senior undergraduate (3rd year and above) students from Indian universities.
The entire challenge will be conducted in multiple phases:
Phase I: Data Science Challenge
- A qualifier round to select students for Phases II and III.
- Students can form teams of up to 3 members for participation (we do not encourage teams of less than 3 members).
- Top 10 teams from this challenge will be hosted at XRCI for 3 weeks for the Winter School and Grand Challenge.
- Dates: October 12 – 25, 2015
- Duration: 2 weeks
- Hosted at: https://www.hackerrank.com/xerox-research-innovation-challenge-2015
Phase II: Winter School on Machine Learning
- XRCI will provide travel reimbursement and housing to all the participants and pay a stipend of Rs. 20,000 during phases II and III.
- This school will present a breadth of topics ranging from fundamentals of Machine Learning to state-of-the-art research and applications to Big Data Analytics.
- Tutorial talks by invited academicians and XRCI scientists addressing both theoretical and practical aspects of Machine Learning
- Detailed program will be made available soon.
- Dates: December 14 – 18, 2015
- Duration: 1 week
Phase III: Research Innovation Challenge
- Patients admitted to hospitals are susceptible to many complications like various infections and acute conditions (like stroke, sepsis…). The aim of this challenge is to analyze past data of patients and design novel machine learning models and algorithms that can predict these complications before they occur. These models can be used to provide alerts to clinical staff and identify high—risk patients in hospitals in order to provide better care and save patients’ lives.
- Dates: December 19, 2015 – January 1, 2016
- Duration: 2 weeks
The Winners of the challenge will receive:
- Winning team in the Research Innovation Challenge will receive a MacBook for each member and Runner-ups will receive an iPad for each member
- Invited Participation at XRCI Open 2016 and Internship opportunities at XRCI
- Opportunity to publish the results with XRCI scientists in top-tier international conferences/journals