Xerox Budding Scientists is a unique mentor program at XRCI that fosters outstanding graduate and postgraduate engineering talent from leading technical institutions in India. XRCI creates an environment that allows them to pursue advanced, high-quality research in the areas of analytics, human computation and distributed computing, with the possibility of making significant contributions.
The selection criteria are exacting and candidates are expected to contribute to breakthrough and deep research to solve complex technological and business problems.
Initially, the appointment will be for a period of two years, after which the budding scientist could be offered a regular job with Xerox Research or could pursue an employee Ph.D. program or explore other opportunities outside Xerox. By the end of the two-year appointment, the budding scientist would have created a research portfolio of high-quality papers, garnered visibility in the research community, and opened up opportunities to pursue higher education in top universities worldwide. This program offers competitive compensation, a stimulating work culture with a team of world-class researchers, projects with significant research challenges, and the opportunity to publish at top conferences and journals.
The budding scientist is expected to work closely with research teams within Xerox to create and deliver various innovative technical solutions. In addition, he or she will work collaboratively with universities and institutes, publish papers in top conferences and journals, contribute to the generation of patents, and pursue breakthrough research in a challenging and stimulating environment. The specific areas of interest are the following:
• Data analytics using machine learning, graph analysis, statistical techniques, social media, text/audio/video analytics for identifying and implementing classification / clustering / prediction solutions to gain business insights.
• Mobile and pervasive computing with particular focus on mobile client application development.
• Distributed systems with particular emphasis on cloud computing, web/mobile application development and large-scale software systems.
• Human computation with emphasis on optimization, crowd computation, image processing, knowledge-based systems and user interfaces.
• Human centred design that interacts with computers to translate ethnographic insights into information architectures, conceptual prototypes and working solutions.
B.Tech/ Dual degree (in relevant stream of consideration)
• Analytical skills
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Positive attitude and interpersonal skills
Please send in your detailed applications to email@example.com and mention “Xerox Budding Scientist” in the subject of the email.